November 21, 2018

a big boy bed ft. the best bedding ever!

November 21, 2018

We have had a lot of big changes happening recently! We moved all the way from Utah to Texas and Kelly started a brand new job! First, we lived with Kelly's step-mom, but just recently (like less than a week ago) we moved into our own place here in Texas. This has been a long time coming- we have talked about moving to Texas literally from the second that we got married, so we're super excited about all of this! 



We decided with the move into our own little townhouse here that we should just jump right into moving Jax to a toddler bed (it took a few days because our wifi wasn't connected so our monitors wouldn't work). We bought the little bed before we even moved to the new place, and just packed it up into the truck with the rest of the stuff. We let Jax kind of play with it for the first few days. He'd get on and off, he'd lay down but then run off of it and laugh like it was a game. But he honestly loved it! He'd get his books and he'd go and sit down and read them on his bed. It was pretty freaking cute! So, as soon as we could we packed up his crib and we put him down for his first nap in his big boy bed.

I was so freaking nervous! I was not about to go up there 2490234 times putting him back into his bed. I settled for the idea that I honestly didn't care if he didn't go to sleep right away, I didn't care if he read his books or played with the toys he has up there, as long as he didn't come out of his room. That's what he did. He got up and ran around. He read books. He played with some toys. But eventually he passed out on his bed and I was so freaking proud of him!

I knew that the second he was in a toddler bed that I was going to get him some Beddy's bedding! I knew it! I had seen them forever ago, I don't even remember where, but I had thought about them nonstop since. It was the perfect idea!


It is basically a sheet for a bed, but it has a comforter attached by a zipper! I'm not kidding- it is genuinely one of the most brilliant ideas in the entire world! They have the CUTEST patterns and they have so many different options. They have styles for boys, styles for girls, styles for RVs, styles for college, styles for bunk beds, styles for toddler beds, and styles for adults! Their sizes go all the way up to king (so I'm seriously considering getting one for me and Kelly cause I hate making the bed). They have blankets, bed skirts, pillow sets, cute stuffed animals for bed buddies, pajamas, AND SLIPPERS! Are you kidding me? Is there anything they don't do?

So, we get his toddler bed set in, right? And I seriously fall so in love. It came with a pillowcase and a sham, it is the cutest pattern, it's BEYOND soft, and the comforter is poofy and nice. It has a minky fabric on the inside and the actual blanket itself is super thick and warm! I genuinely couldn't believe the quality.

Like I said, it's a sheet with a comforter attached by a zipper, which Jax loves. We applaud for him everytime he zips it shut, so he does it over and over again.






Basically, I just love watching Jax be such a big boy! He'll crawl into his bed and pull the comforter over him and I pretty much see him as a teenager.

But again, I cannot say enough good things about Beddy's! They're adorable, practical, and I just love everything about them!

Post a Comment

living as mcbrides ©
design by march17